Base Access & Badges

Civilian Badge Renewal

Retirees can renew their badges 60 days before the expiration date. You can renew your CAC or dependent ID card in BLDG. 1169. Walk-ins are accepted, but for faster service, please call 805-982-5367 or go online to to schedule anappointment.PSD

Services: CAC

Location: Bldg. 1169, NBVC Port Hueneme

Phone: (805) 982-5367 (Military & Civilian Employees)

Phone: (805) 982-4439 (Contractors)

Hours: Monday – Friday 0730-1600

Base Access

NOTE: Starting Monday morning, 29 September 2014, the Victoria Gate will no longer be opened to incoming Personally-Owned Vehicles (POVs) at any time.  That entrance will be commercial truck traffic only.  POVs may continue to EXIT through Victoria Gate, but they may not ENTER through it. Instead, the Patterson Gate will be reopened to POV traffic from 0530 to 1330 weekdays.  After 1330 weekdays, POV traffic must enter through Sunkist Gate.

The Alumni Association will be holding our quarterly luncheons at the Bard Mansion, Port Hueneme base. All you need to get onto the base is a Retiree Identification card. All DOD civilians retirees are eligible for this card after they have been retired 60 days. 

Besides, this card allows you to come on the Point Mugu and Port Hueneme bases at any time and use the MWR facilities! We’re talking golf course, gym, buy discount tickets, lunch at the Mansion, and much more.

You can also sponsor on guests as long as they are riding in the car you are driving.  All your guests need is a photo id. Now to get your card, you do have to go through a few relatively painless hoops.

1. First, ensure that you are in the DEERS system. Before you make an appointment with PSD for your Retiree ID Card,you need to validate that you are in DEERS. Call the DEERS office at 1-800-538-9552. (*If  you are not in DEERS, see the end of this article for further guidance.)

2. Go the NBVC website at On the right under “popular links” will be a link to “DEERS/RAPIDS Appointment Scheduler”. Click on that link, then click “make appointment”. Under the heading “Search by Building or Site Name”, enter “NBVC.” The next page will list NBVC with a small map. Click select and then schedule your appointment online.

Now you can also do a walk-in, with no appointment. You risk having to wait awhile.

You must bring two forms of identification from the OMB I-9 document list. One must be a federal- or state-issued photo ID, such as a drivers license. The other can be a birth certificate, passport or Social Security Card.

You must also bring proof of your pay grade at retirement. A copy of your SF 50, Notification of Personnel Action that documents your retirement, will satisfy this requirement. (*If you don’t have your SF 50, see the end of this article for guidance.)

About an hour prior to your appointment go to the Visitor Control Center at the Port Hueneme base. It is located outside of the base next to the Sunkist Gate. You will need to get a car pass to get to PSD, which is also on the Hueneme base. Bring your driver’s license, car registration and insurance.

Once you have the car pass proceed onto the base to PSD, which is located in the Welcome Center, Bldg. 1169. The Center is in the old Navy Exchange Building next to the Chapel. PSD is located near the front of the building. It is the same office that issues military identification cards as well. Sign in and smile for the camera!

The Navy is no longer issuing vehicle decals.

There–you’re all set for the next few years! You can drive on base, use MWR facilities, go to Alumni lunches, even visit your old department and let them know how they’re doing it all wrong.

This card does not guarantee civilian retirees access to DoD bases or facilities within the United States nor its territories or possessions. The installation commander retains the authority to restrict access to MWR facilities for reasons such as local demand, facility capacity, and security concerns.

If you do not have a copy of your SF 50, you can request one from the National Personnel Records Center. Your request must be in writing, signed, and include:

  • Full name used during Federal employment
  • Social Security number
  • Date of birth
  • Name(s) of Federal employing agency(s)
  • Approximate dates of Federal employment

Mail your request to:

National Personnel Records Center
Civilian Personnel Records
111 Winnebago Street
St. Louis, MO 63118

*If the RAPIDS site office indicates that you are not in DEERS, you should provide the following information to the DoD Field Advisory Service (FAS) by fax (703-696-4705) or e-mail (

  • First name, last name, middle initial
  • Date of inquiry
  • Civil Service Annuity number (CSA #)
  • Contact number
  • E-mail address
  • Social Security number
  • Date of retirement
  • Agency
  • RAPIDS site and phone number (PSD NBVC Port Hueneme 805-982-4521)
  • Reason why you were unable to obtain a DoD civilian retiree ID
  • Copy of SF 50, Notification of Personnel Action that documents your retirement

FAS will request that you be added to DEERS. Resolution may take several months. FAS will notify you when you have been added to DEERS.